Go to the following menu for your email client:
- Mail in Outlook 98, 2000, Outlook Express, and Microsoft Mail: Tools –> Accounts then Add
- Mail in Outlook 2003 and 2007: Tools –> E-mail Accounts then Add
- Mail in Outlook 2010, and 2013: File tab –> Click “+Add Account” –> Select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” –> Select “Internet Email”
- Mail in Outlook 2016 and 2019 on Windows 10: Microsoft has made things more complicated so to add new accounts on these programs you must go to the Control Panel in Windows instead of through Outlook itself.
- Click the Windows Start button and open the Windows Control Panel.
- Category view: If your Windows Control Panel is in Category view, click User accounts, then click the Mail icon.
Classic view: If your Windows Control Panel is in Classic view, click the Mail icon.
- Click “Email Accounts” and then Click “New…”
- Select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” –> Select “Internet Email” and then follow the directions below.
Fill in the correct information as indicated below when prompted:
Full Name: your full name
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Type: Select IMAP
Incoming Server (IMAP) Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com or supplied server address
Outgoing Server (SMTP) Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com or supplied server address
User Name: Supplied Username.
Password: Supplied Password.
Then click the button “More Settings…” on the lower right hand corner.
Select the tab “Outgoing Server” and check the box “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”, leave the other setting on this tab set as defaulted.
Then select the tab “Advanced” and change the “Outgoing Server (SMTP)” port number from 25 to 587
Click OK, then Next and Finish
If your IMAP folders have any problems syncing fully please see this knowledge base article.